Posted by puddlegirl on 5:20 PM
Labels: ,



Ok so those of you who don't know me might have guessed the dog, or my hair do. But the answer is the guy standing up in the back row next to my sister Allison.

One year we missed our church family portraits and they were putting together the directory and we wanted to get our picture in. So a man from our church stopped by to take our family portrait. This is that man's son. If I remember correctly, at on point the man told his son to hop in the picture with us. So now we have this picture at our house. Now, this is not the one that made it into the directory but there is something that kind of makes me laugh when I think about this pic.

That boy kind of liked Allison and asked her on a date or two, I believe. The part that makes me smile is, I imagine them giggling to themselves on the way home. Saying things like, "When you marry Allison, this picture will play on your slideshow." Or "Well it's official you're in with the family." But then I realize only my family would have these conversations on the way home and it was probably nothing more than a dad wanting his son to be in a picture.




Or was it?


Either way, this picture has gotten little use. I guess because there was never a photo montage of Allison and this boy at their Wedding. I wonder if he kept a copy? If so, maybe it has a special place in an album somewhere at his mom's house. What do you do with these photos? Do you have any you have been keeping for 10 years plus? I want to see someone's out of place pictures!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

As soon as I saw that picture I wondered who that guy was. I can't say we ever had an out of place picture that I remember. But one time my mom bought one of those frames that you can put many pictures in. They always come with "fake" pictures and I said "wouldn't it be funny if we left one of these fake pictures in so everyone would wonder who those people are?" Well we did. It was a man and woman holding a white dog. It took my dad awhile but finally he looked at it and said "who are those people?" Mom and I roared with laughter.

Francy said...

What doesn't belong? I guessed Ted's sweater.

melanie said...

Whew.
I'm so relieved.
I thought that maybe you were going to launch into a story about having a brother die or something catastrophic in nature.

Post a Comment