Posted by puddlegirl on 5:56 PM
Labels:

I just realized yesterday, after my post, that not everyone has even had one campaign experience. I wrote something about my earliest campaign experiences. I have been campaigning for the Winkler name since I was a wee tot.

fundraiser

It never seemed odd or foreign to me. You go to fundraisers, parades, festivals, go on photo shoots, and commercial shoots, wear your t-shirts, pass out campaign materials and smile. Nothing more natural to a girl like me.

fundraiser


Last night my Mom had a fundraiser, she is running for Green Township Trustee. As I looked around I felt so proud of her. There were people there who supported my mom for the work she has done over the past four years. For the decisions she has made, not all of them popular. For the kind of woman she is, strong and a good leader, but loving and kind. For her love of her community.

fundraiser

I sometimes say negative things to my Mom about her job and how people are too mean to her. I mean, her and I are people persons and nothing makes us more happy than to be loved by others the way we love them. As you can imagine not everyone is going to love all of your decisions. So it would often times be hard to hear some of the hateful things people will spew out of their mouths in politics. Even when people are rude and hurtful I watch her try to be calm and listen. I'm sure many times she would like to take both sides of an argument and work it all out so everyone would be happy, but this is not possible. I've seen her make hard decisions (even when people will be upset) because her decision is truly best for the township that she lives in and is proud of.

fundraiser

So there I go unintentionally campaigning for my wonderful, smart, and beautiful mother. I really know she cares and does what is best for her community. Mom, all of the times I've told you to quit because it's not worth the hurtful words and hateful looks, I just want to say I'm proud that you haven't given up and keep standing up for what you believe in. From the fundraiser last night it looks like I'm not the only one.

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

fundraiser

I mean look at the pride on this kid's face.

fundraiser

3 comments:

Francy said...

Your mom is the best! I love all the Winklers!

Elaine said...

I think your mom's pretty great.

Donny said...

Wow Fin looks soooo much like Ryan in that last pic.

Post a Comment