Posted by puddlegirl on 2:55 PM
Labels:

This year my mom is running for Trustee in her township. She has a fundraiser tonight and this brings back memories from my earliest campaign experiences.
There was the time I was in a commercial when my grandpa was running for Judge. It was classic. I don't know how to get a formatted version of it for the computer, but that's probably a good thing. I said things like "Vote for my Grandpa." and other judge type things like "justice", "Bop you in the head with a gavel", "lock you up for life". You know all the regular stuff. (I'm making that up..... Or am I?)
One of my favorite campaign memories is riding in parades. We've done this as long as I can remember, but one year when my father was running for judge something funny happened. We always gave out stuff like notepads, cups, pencil, etc. This year in particular we were handing out candy. All of my cousins were there in the walking in the back of the campaign mobile and we were told to hand candy to the people in the crowd. Well, my one cousin (who will remain anonymous at this time) missed the operative word in the sentence. HAND!
We got tired of walking after a while and decided to hop in the back of the big truck with my Dad's name plastered all over it. A lot of kids were screaming stuff about no candy and maybe even had some booooo's thrown in. So An---, I mean my cousin, started throwing candy out to the kids. We all joined in! Everyone loved chasing after the candy. Now Ann--, I mean my cousin, is not the most athletic of all of my cousins and eventually the inevitable happened. She pegged some unsuspecting parade goer right in the face with some candy. We all ducked down into the truck and giggled. I think we got caught by our parents and were told again not to throw the candy any more. But to us I think getting yelled at was worth the laugh.
After the parade we all went out for pizza and probably had a lot more laughs about the person Annie (oh man I gave it away) hit in the face with candy.

Lady that got hit in the face,

If you are out there, reading this right now. I am sorry we laughed at your misfortune. But please remember we were only 11. From what I can recall getting hit in the face with anything is funny.
Sorry 'bout yo' face!

Andrea




That was the worst apology ever.

4 comments:

Francy said...

"From what I can recall getting hit in the face with anything is funny." From what you recall? That is a very dangerous statement to make in a public forum. Someone might just want to jog your memory. I'm not saying me or anything... Are you going to be at the fundraiser tonight? I was just wondering... no reason.

Kelly said...

Is that why they are no longer allowed to give out candy at The Harvest Home Parade??!!!

puddlegirl said...

Kelly that is where it happened, I will let her know it is all her fault.

annieglan said...

hahaha. Sorry!!!! That made me laugh really hard and brought back great memories. And to Fran, yes, getting hit in the face is always funny. It just might not be funny until a couple of years later. hahah

Post a Comment