Posted by puddlegirl on 7:23 AM

I cannot wait for our family vacation this year. Last year we went to St. George Island. Never heard of it? I am not surprised. We hadn't heard of it before Mom booked the vacation either. It doesn't matter where my family goes we have fun together. We laugh until we cry. Everyone has a good time and it is just relaxing and fun for a week.

Here are some memories from Vacation '08




This photo here is Ava and I singing karaoke.

It was bad. Very bad. Not Ava... me.

So, I thought I could sing karaoke. I chose a song from my child hood, that I enjoyed when I was 12 or so. It was a mistake! It was "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees. The song started and I quickly realized it didn't go quite how I had remembered. (Whhaaaaat?!? I have a bad memory?) It was a sad and pathetic attempt I was looking at my family and they were trying so hard to help me and sing louder to try to get me to sing it right. I couldn't get this DAG song! Chris was standing at the bar. (Most likely ashamed to claim me as his wife) He witnessed one guy lean over to his friend, roll his eyes, and say sarcastically "Killing me softly?" Soon Ava came up and sang with me. She must have felt my pain and wanted to save me. She might have known more words than me. I was sure I was going to be attacked by an angry mob afterwords, but with a cute baby saving the show I was pretty sure they forgave me. It was awful.



This is Grandma Cheryl, you may recognize her from my zoo pics. She makes everything fun, even dominoes. Well dominoes is pretty fun to begin with, but it's more fun when she makes trophies.



Guess who won?



Are you having a hard time figuring out which one was the winner? You were probably wrong. See I tricked you. I said guess who was the winner and then put up a picture of my trophy. I actually was the loser. Grandma couldn't find a horse at the thrift store for the "horse's ass" prize. (I don't really know what that means but everyone else seemed to think it made sense.) So she bought a unicorn instead. She was so excited to show us she ended up pulling it out of her bag-o-trophies and exclaiming "And the loser gets the U-corn's ass!" She doesn't cuss very often so she must've been looking forward to it or nervous about it because she just skipped a good portion of the word unicorn. Ryan's trophy is a crappy wad of aluminum foil and painters tape, he was in first place, and Chris' was a crab with eyes glued on to it and 2 shells for the "butt" and it was glued on top of a pinecone. (The best part about Chris' trophy is, it had it's real eyes but grandma couldn't see it's little crab eyes so she glued some on it's backside and she glued the shell butt close to the crabs real eyes.) Sorry Grandma, I called Ryan's trophy crappy! I meant it was an awesome wad of aluminum foil.

Here is a collection of just a few more pics from St. George Island.





Hopefully Harrison likes the sand more this year.

3 comments:

Allison said...

you forgot the part where grandma didn't have glue so she chewed pieces of gum to stick chris's trophy together.

puddlegirl said...

gross it must have been a repressed memory!

Tracy said...

Yes, really gross! I was laughing till Allison said that! Oh my, what a funny family. I can't wait for Sept. 26th and our next adventure.

Post a Comment