Posted by puddlegirl on 9:37 AM
Labels:

Growing up we usually had snacks in the house. Normal kid snacks like: cookies, chips, juice, ice cream sandwiches or cones, crackers, frozen grapes etc. When I was younger I didn't have a particular snack that I liked, I might have liked all snacks, I'm not really sure.

I remember coming home from school and being too short to get into the cupboard. So I would climb up onto the counter and get my snacks out, go in to the family room and watch afternoon cartoons. (What ever happened to after school cartoons?) As I got older I started requesting certain snacks. My all time favorite after school snack was a sandwich bun from Grote Bakery and a Sunny D but the Sunny D had to be in an individual bottle. I didn't like Sunny D in a glass and the buns HAD to be from Grote Bakery. (Which closed in 2002 I think. So sad=(.) Every once in a while I would stray from my routine for a pickle, pickles are awesome. I traded in my afternoon cartoons for Billy Madison. I might have watched Billy Madison 4 times a week for close to a year.

Now I'm a bit older and I have two kids so my snacks consist of leftover banana, crusts of peanut butter sandwiches, animal crackers, goldfish crackers, whatever I make for Harrison that he refuses to eat etc. And I watch Blue's Clues and Wonderpets all day.

Hey speaking of snacks.... here is a picture of my niece having a snack when she was a little over 1 year old


What was your favorite after school snack?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

My snack prefernce depends on my mood. That picture of Ava is too cute. Are you sure she ate some of that snack? It looks as if she just smeared on herself!

Francy said...

Sometimes my mom would have homemade cookies waiting for us after school. That was my favorite! There are no more "after school cartoons" anymore because cartoons are now 24/7. Spiderman was my favorite after school cartoon.

Post a Comment