Posted by puddlegirl on 8:03 PM

When I was a senior in High school there was a foreign exchange student at our school from Macedonia. She was one of the funniest people I have ever met. A lot of the kids at our school didn't get her sense of humor, but she always made me laugh out loud. Here is what she wrote in my yearbook my Senior year.

"Andrea,
This is Alexander the Great speaking. Or the Egyptian... but whatever I'm still a flower in my soul. I liked hanging with you and you are nice and cool friend, but very unique.
I'm wishing you everything the best in the future. Good luch with college and art and I hope you become a great artist or something. Have a great summer.
(HEART) Milicza
DA MACEDONIAN!!!"

Every time I read this I smile. There are some entries that I will have to black out before my children ever see them, but most are very sweet. This one in particular makes me remember my friend from World Religions class that said funny/creepy stuff to me everyday and always made me laugh out loud.

She really told me every day that I was a flower in her heart. I miss being a flower in her heart.

3 comments:

Francy said...

She could have ended that yearbook entry with, "Have a great summer and also, I'm drunk." Have you ever tried looking her up on facebook? I want to be her facebook friend!

puddlegirl said...

No I haven't tried I will try right now.

Elaine said...

Better to be a flower in the heart than a thorn in the side.

Post a Comment