Posted by puddlegirl on 5:27 PM
Labels: ,

Meet my friend Joanna!

Meet her little girl Grace. Grace is one of Harrison's best buds and she is only one day older than him.

Ok just to get them all out of the way meet Noah, he is 2 months younger than my baby Lincoln. Happy guy, doesn't cause any problems.... yet. hehe


Grace is quite advanced. Everything she does, Harrison will copy in the coming weeks or months. Crawling, walking, talking, well he doesn't talk as well as Grace, that may take a little extra time. This has me very concerned. Really very very concerned. Not that Harrison cannot talk but that Harrison follows in Grace's footsteps.

It started with jumping on beds.

Then trampolines.

Bikes.

But those are nothing compared to this.



Grace swallowed a pin from the front screen door. From what I understand. Grace's Dad, Corey, came home from work and the screen door was swinging in the wind. He went searching for the pin to fix the door and couldn't find them anywhere.

He asked Grace where the pin had gone and she said in her mouth.

He asked where it had really gone and she said in perfect two year old words, "It's gone, I swallowed it."

Let me tell you something, Harrison could never articulate this to us if he had to. Some people think Harrison has been learning Chinese behind our backs. He is very difficult to understand. I have said more than once that I should be paid as a full time translator.

Joanna and Corey calmly called their doctor and he got them in to get an X-ray down at Children's Hospital. I am sure they were wondering the whole time if Grace really swallowed the pin. They told me the x-rays are digital and come up pretty quickly now. They immediately knew Grace was telling the truth. She had swallowed it.

The doctors at the hospital said the poor girl will just have to pass it. I haven't received an update yet. But I hope for the poor girl's sake it all goes well.

I hope this is one thing Harrison will not do in time. We aren't talking about it at this house because we do not want him getting any ideas.

Oh Grace, you are a nut!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I can not believe how clear that x ray shows it!!! When I saw it on FB I thought it was a joke. I guess it didn't hurt going down, hopefully it won't hurt coming out. Ewww, I guess they have to check her poo now. Yeah, that sounds like a fun time!

melanie said...

That looks huge!
How big was it?

puddlegirl said...

I do not think it was enormous... probably a little over an inch? It may just look big because she is the tiniest 2 year old ever.

Post a Comment