Posted by puddlegirl on 11:15 AM
Labels: , ,

Last night I went to the Harvest Home parade. It was to be Harrison's first parade and I was pretty excited. We went to the zoo earlier in the day and I had just enough time to run home to grab my camera. I ran in and grabbed my camera and ran back out to the car. I called my mom and told her I was going to pick her and my dad up in minutes.

I picked up Mom and Dad, then we headed up to Cheviot for the parade. We had to drop my mom off at a float she was riding in during the procession. Then it was time to find a parking space. This is a nightmare on the narrow roads of Cheviot, especially driving my Expedition. We finally parked and got the kids out of the car and into the stroller. We found our seats and got cozy. Well almost.... Lincoln spit up all over himself so I ran back to the car to grab him a new outfit. I left my little baby in the arms of a stranger that I had met just 5 minutes before named Gerri who was standing near my father, who was taking care of Harrison. The woman seemed normal enough and my dad was practically right next to her so this seemed fine. (I know, I am crazy.) I informed my dad of the goings on and ran off to grab the new outfit. When I returned a minute or so later I couldn't spot my dad (normally an easy task considering he is 6 ft 4 in. tall) I freaked a bit. Then I spotted the woman cuddling Lincoln and looking after Harrison. My dad must have trusted this woman as well because he left her in charge of Harrison too! (I know, he's crazy) Luckily, for both of us, there are still good people in this world and both babies were still exactly where we left them. Okay, so after you all pick your jaws off the floor from being shocked by my idiocy we'll get back to the story.

Okay are your jaws back in place? Let's continue.

The parade was starting so I got adjusted in my chair with one baby in my lap the other next to me in the stroller and I saw my mom was in the third or fourth vehicle in the parade line-up. I had to quickly grab my camera and get the lens cap off. I turn the camera on. (My friend Gerri offers to hold my baby so I can take a picture of my mom. My mom has also met Gerri and trusts her and left her with her bank account information and social security number so why not let her hold the baby one more time.) I snap a wonderful picture of my mom and look down to check it in the screen of my camera and see it is not saved. I check to see why and in a classic "forgetful" moment realize I forgot my memory card! AGHhhHHHHhh! So frustrated!

So I reclaim my baby and sit and pout because I have nothing to blog about tomorrow. Maybe I will remember something funny to blog about. No, nothing. Now what will I do. I am pretty sure I am never gonna blog again because I am so mad at myself for forgetting my memory card. I QUIT!!! Oh wait.... did I just write a blog? Oh..... well...ummmm maybe I did think of something to write about.

And all is right in the world.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so cute, you crack me up. Hope Harrison enjoyed his first parade-even though he was left in the care of a stranger!

Tracy said...

You could also write about Harrison break dancing on Harrison Avenue. I guess he thought it was his stage. After all, it is named after him.

Francy said...

My favorite part -- when Ted leaves your other baby with the stranger! Why did Tracy give Gerri her SS# and bank acct. # ??

puddlegirl said...

Fran are you joking?! I was.

melanie said...

Fran, Fran, Fran...
Let's sit down and have a chat, okie dokie?

Francy said...

Hey! You never know with those Winklers.

Francy said...

Melanie, I would love to sit down and have a chat!

Paul said...

I went for a hike today up hill that overlooks all of the Kathmandu valley. I got out my camera to take a picture, and guess what? Yep, no memory card either. I feel your pain.

Post a Comment