Posted by puddlegirl on 11:05 PM

Meet one of my many high school crushes. This is Dan. He is a super cute and funny guy that was always a joy to be around. He lived right down the street from my best friend in high school. We would walk down to his house and hang out whenever we felt like it. I always thought he was cute and date-able until the night this pic was taken.

This was taken the night of my Junior Valentine's Day dance! We went to Burger King before hand because we were really classy. We wore our King hats and laughed our butts off. We also showed up at the dance for a bit, but, of course, there were parties that night, too. So we didn't stay the whole time. We left the dance in search of a party. We found a big party and did regrettable things like drinking and such, no details provided because I am still to embarrassed to admit it to the entire internet. (I do remember after my date's parents found out about our night, we weren't allowed to hang out anymore.) But while we were living out our teenage angst that evening. Dan was being more lovey-dovey than normal and saying very weird/funny things. All of the sudden, out of nowhere, he blurted out, "Can I kiss you?"
I suppose to some people that would be the proper way to go about it, but I just laughed and declined. Dan was cute enough to kiss, for sure. But with that blurb and the awkward moment, I had to refuse. If he wouldn't have asked I probably would've have kissed him, maybe even more than once, but the damage was done. In my mind, my funny friend was no longer date-able, he was just that, my "funny friend", who asked my permission to kiss me.
I don't think it was more than a month or two later that Dan came out of the closet to all of our friends. It made me wonder if I should have kissed him? Maybe I was his going to be his last experiment to test and see if his suspicions were true? Maybe he was drunk when he asked me and he doesn't even remember it? Maybe he was so crushed by my rejection he turned to a life of homosexuality? HAHA Probably not!
Oh, cute Dan and all other cute boys all over the world. If you have to ask if you can kiss a girl (or boy) your chances might not be good. Dan was the ONLY boy who ever asked permission to kiss me and probably the only boy who got totally shot down.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Once again, I laugh out loud. I'm so sad that you turned Dan gay!

Kelly said...

Andrea, you make me laugh.

Francy said...

I love your blog Andrea! So funny!

Post a Comment