Posted by puddlegirl on 7:08 AM
Labels:

We went to the Harvest Home Fair on Sunday afternoon and had a good time. Don't worry I didn't let any strangers watch my baby this time!
There is so much to be seen!
There were horses. The barrel racing was pretty cool. Harrison would have stayed here all day if he could have.
Barrel Racing
Then there was a tent full of farm animals. There were goats, sheep, cows, rabbits, the biggest pig I've ever seen, baby chicks, but I couldn't tell what this animal is....
IMG_6004new
A llama or an alpaca? Are they the same thing? Can anyone tell me what this is?

Here are some more pics of us roaming.
IMG_6016
IMG_6027new
IMG_6031
IMG_6043
IMG_6054
Harrison fair
IMG_5994new

And Grandma won an honorable mention in the flower show!
Grandma's flowers

Then it was time to go, and Harrison wasn't the only one who was sad. This kid was screaming like a maniac. So what would normal people do? Try to help the mom by distracting the child. Or tell a funny joke. What do I do? Take a picture of him.
Crabby boy

I felt his pain... I think he was babbling something like.... "I can't believe that cost $5.00! In this economy!?! I so did not get my moneys worth."

4 comments:

Paul said...

Alpacas and Llamas are very similar, but alpacas are much smaller and used for their hair (I have a pair of alpaca socks, very comfortable!) and are therefore very shaggy. Llamas are used as beasts of burden. They are both from the same area in S. America in the Andes, and they both can spit stomach acid at you too. The pic is a llama.

Tracy said...

It is a fundraiser, you goof! If they let everyone in for free, then they wouldn't have the money to do great things for the neighborhood like West Fork Park Playland. Just sayin'

puddlegirl said...

Hey more people would come to spend their money if it was cheaper, like $2 or $3 and the games also cost an obscene amount of money. We would have spent more if the prices weren't so crazy. Just Sayin'!
Thanks for the info Paul.

melanie said...

I'm with madam puddle here. Crazy, obscene prices. For the big rides, it costs $4 per person per ride! That would be $20 for our family to ride one ride together, plus $5 for each person 11 and over to get in. If they would lower the prices some, I think more people would go.
Then again, judging by the traffic all weekend, maybe they aren't struggling with low crowds.

Post a Comment