Posted by puddlegirl on 4:54 AM


My friend Carrie is due any day now. My friend Erin had a baby less than 24 hours ago. This makes me recall how I felt the days leading up to the birth of my youngest son who is just 4 1/2 months old now. Unlike Carrie and Erin, I was completely spent and told everyone about it. I would not shut up about having my baby as soon as possible so I could be done being pregnant. I was ready to drop the nearly 50 pounds I had gained. My legs, hips, and back hurt constantly and anyone around me knew it.
I have not heard Carrie do much complaining at all. She is not in a rush, does not babble on and on about herself and her pregnancy, (Even when people are trying to get her to.) and has not complained much about discomfort. (That I have heard. Ryan, her husband, may tell a different tale.)
With just weeks/days to go I was letting everyone know about the hard work I had put in so far and that I had no plans to do this pregnancy thing again anytime in the near future. I would say things to my husband, Chris, like "Don't let me forget how I felt at this point." "If you ever hear me tell someone I enjoyed pregnancy, tell me and them. what a liar I am."
The sad part is, I took the easy way out, I had my epidural and did not take on the full experience. Erin just had a completely unmedicated birth and her baby came out sunny side up, which I hear is very painful, but everything went great! She fought through it and did not give in, even when it got tough. Carrie plans to have a natural birth as well and I am confident that she can do it. I am proud of them for being strong enough to do natural births and admire their courage. I do not plan on getting pregnant again, but if I do I will try to remember to complain less and enjoy the experience for what it is.

P.S. I think this guy is ready to be a dad. (Ryan hangin' with the kids.)

1 comments:

Francy said...

I'll take a c-section, thank you! I had Scott vaginally sunny-side-up. (He was 9 lbs, 4oz by the way) It hurt even WITH an epideral. I was in labor with Sarah for almost 24 hours before having a c-section. Sarah weighed 9 lbs. I made sure I could have another c-section before I even thought about getting pregnant with Jessie! I also complained alot when I was pregnant too.

Post a Comment