Posted by puddlegirl on 2:54 AM
Labels: , ,

Chris and I got married close to 5 years ago and our first Spring in our first house we got a major bug issue. I hear this is pretty common in the beginning of the Spring, but I couldn't believe it. We had ants galore all over our home. Those crafty little buggers made their way into MY home and I was going to make sure they found their way out!
I did the first "new wife-y" kind of thing I could do..... act helpless to my husband. (I know this is not looking good on the woman self empowerment front.) I called him and he didn't sound too worried about the ant infestation that had begun to take over our tiny home. I informed him it was no small matter and that I needed help. Alas, I would have to wait for my Knight in shining armor to get off work.
I hid in my basement until I heard Sir Knight walk through the front door. I took him too the sink and showed him our issue. He quickly brushed all visible ants into the sink and sprayed them down the drain. He said that was probably the end of that. I told him I was glad he was home because, "I was minutes from calling the terminator."
He looked at me and asked me who I was going to call.
"The Terminator! You know who kills bugs."
He stared at me.....

*Crickets (or ants) chirping*


I'm thinking "What...? This guy has never heard of a "terminator"?"


What is he laughing about, it's not funny. IT'S NOT THAT FUNNY! Lot's of people call the "terminator" to help solve their bug problems. Right?

Well, fine I will go Google the closest terminator and ask them to solve the bug problem. who needs a stinkin' Knight in shining armor?

As, I start to do another new wife-y thing, pout and storm off, it dawns on me...... "EX!"

"EX"terminator! EXTERMINATOR! Damnit! He'll never let me forget this.

Well, it's a good thing I didn't call for a "Terminator", I don't think he could have resolved my bug problem and it's probably best I didn't get a hold of him. If the Terminator tried to take on exterminating our ants, my kitchen would have probably been one large crater and then we never would have been able to sell it. I mean.... Who wants a crater for their kitchen?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sure Arnold would have been happy to help out. Oh how you make me laugh, even when it is way too early to be up.

Tracy said...

Ya! I vill take car of you bug problem! Ya!

melanie said...

Yeah, and you wouldn't need to worry if the ants returned.
You know,
You see what's coming don't you?
Cause...
He'll
Be
Back.
(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Post a Comment