Posted by puddlegirl on 4:12 PM
Labels: ,

Noah got baptized yesterday morning and I think that kid really loves church, God, Jesus, and old priests. Or he loves life and just smiles all the time, but I like to think on his baptism day that was what he was happy about Jesus.
NoahIMG_1028
As the Godmother of Noah I was given a folded napkin-looking thing and the Godfather was given a candle. Honestly, I didn't know what either of these things were for. I was not raised Catholic and haven't been to an infant baptism in quite some time. First, Noah was prayed for and his parents and Godparents promised to be an example of Christ in Noah's life. He liked that.
IMG_1040
Then we went to the alter and he was baptized in the holy water and the Priest talked to him. He liked that.
IMG_1055
Then I figured out what the heck the cloth thing was, it was a baptismal garment to be placed over Noah's shoulders. I think he liked that too.
IMG_1056
NoahIMG_1066
Then the Godfather lit a candle symbolizing the light of Christ in our lives. He liked that.
IMG_1062
Then Grace, Noah's big sister, realized this thing wasn't all about her.
IMG_1050
And she threw a temper tantrum.
noahIMG_1086
noahIMG_1088
noahIMG_1092
But don't worry Noah probably liked that too.
noahIMG_1073
After the ceremony we went back to Noah's house for a party ate some and watched some football.
The only thing I heard Noah complain about that day was this.
noahIMG_1098
His Grandma and Great-Grandma wore the same outfit! Not really, but kinda. I didn't notice until he said something, but Noah I think you're right. "Total fashion faux pas." WHAT!?! He said it, NOT ME!!!! Don't look at me that way grandma...!! I'm just teasing you! Love you guys!

1 comments:

Francy said...

What a sweet little guy! He kinda reminds me of some other happy, smiley, Linky kid.

Post a Comment