Posted by puddlegirl on 6:27 AM
Labels: ,

OK, I can't find a great pic to describe my story #2 of the mole saga. But I think I will describe it well enough. We'll see. For now, here is a pic of my face if you need a reference during the story.
fundraiser

When I was in middle school I might not have been the nicest person. I can't really remember, but I say that because I must have hurt this boy's feelings. We were in language arts class and in the 7th grade and I remember sitting there and all of the sudden he, Brett, called me "Buddha". I, of course, think Brett is talking about the big fat happy Buddha and I really can't figure out where it came from. Then he starts pointing to his forehead saying "Buddha, Buddha, Buddha" over and over and over again. Then he changes up his hand position and has each of his hands are on the side of his head and he's now SINGING "Buddha, Buddha.....". Then he breaks out in dance and is still calling me Buddha. I told him he was an idiot and he stopped shortly after.

It took me quite a bit of time to figure out what was going on...... at least 10 minutes. As I gazed over into my reflection in the window I knew why his hands were on the side of his head. I was wearing my hair in pigtails, but the Buddha thing was still puzzling. I looked at myself just a bit closer and saw I had 2 moles in the middle of my forehead. I never thought much about those particular moles. Hmmmmm, maybe I have a permanent Bindi, or maybe that kid is a schmuck and I should've smacked him when I had the chance.

The thing is, I didn't feel bad about myself or think much about the way I looked that made the boy tease me. I have never gotten the image of this boy dancing and singing and chanting with his hands on the side of his head. I think if he knew how dumb he looked he probably would take it back, because I will never forget that! I am sure he has long forgotten my moles and pigtails.

By the way Brett, Buddha would never make fun of someone. If I believed in Karma I would say you are in for some good teasing right about now.

4 comments:

Francy said...

This is a strange incident. I doubt very much that Brett would have known what a Bindi or a Tilak even was! Even if he had known, those tiny little dots on your forehead don't even look like either of those things. So what could he have been talking about?! I don't see how pigtails have anything to do with Buddha either. Brett probably didn't know anything about Buddha. He probably heard someone else call someone "Buddha" and misinterpreted the meaning. It reminds me of a kid I went to grade school with who called everyone "fascists."
Like if someone called him a jerk he'd call them a fascist. Or if you said something like, "Did you hear Tom bragging about how he got a 100% on the math test without even studying." He'd say, "Yeah, Tom is such a fascist."

melanie said...

I hate Brett.

Tracy said...

i love Melanie!

Francy said...

Hey, what about me? I'm not getting any love and my comment was much longer than Melanie's.

Post a Comment