Posted by puddlegirl on 5:45 PM
Labels:


This dear man is my Father in Law. He is funny! The pic is from his days serving as president of AmVets. One of my favorite things about him is he thinks he is the first person to come up with the saying "Take care." I'm not joking he really does believe it. That is like me saying I coined the phrase "What's up?" We thought he was kidding but then he explained how it derived from "Take care of yourself" and he decided to shorten it. He thinks it caught on like wildfire because everyone says it now. What do you think? What are the origins of "Take care!"? Was it Bill Boettcher? Maybe..... I can't get to the bottom of it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.

3 comments:

melanie said...

Dang it.
I know I left a comment on this post yesterday. It never showed up.
I'm being screened, already.
Discrimination.
Please, Puddlegirl, don't block me.
I'm good, I tell ya'.
sniff.

puddlegirl said...

Melanie you are not the first person to tell me, my comment thing doesn't work! If you know a solution please pass it on!

melanie said...

I think I know what happened.
When you key in a comment, you then have to select a profile, then hit 'post comment'. After that, you see your comment and assume that you are finished, just like any other normal, everyday blog.
But, oh no.
There's more.
You must scroll down to the end of your comment and again hit 'post comment'. Again.
I'm worn out just thinking about it.

Post a Comment