Posted by puddlegirl on 8:22 AM
Labels: ,

This is a sad day. I am writing about a baby memory, not my baby memory, but my babies memory. Wait.... I mean a memory of my baby. A sign of things changing, a baby becoming a boy.
As some of you may know, Harrison speaks another language. Something between French and Chinese, we're not sure. One of my favorites of Harrison's made up words is "pook". Sounds like book, but means pillow. So when we get ready for bed Harrison would grab his "pook" and obsessively adjust it until it was in the right spot. When Harrison comes into my room in the morning to wake me up, he brings his "pook" in so he can snuggle-bug (one of my made up words).
My husband, Chris, and I would giggle and say "PILL-OHHHHH" and he'd smile back and say "POOOOOK!"
Something changed this morning. Harrison opened my bedroom door and walked in and said "Lay down, I got my pildow."
Now while I am pleased he threw a "d" in just to show me he hasn't grown up completely. I am still a little sad that my little baby is growing up. So in five years when my blog is just a bunch of cached pages on google search, and Harrison and Lincoln are both in Elementary school hopefully I can find this entry and remember my baby sharing his "pook" and blanket with me on chilly mornings.

4 comments:

annieglan said...

Aww. That is so sad. It almost made me cry, but then Ellen made me laugh.

Francy said...

I laughed at Annie's comment because it just sounded so Tracy-like. That is a great thing to have this blog to remember those little things --things that you think you'll never forget. But I've forgotten so much about when my kids were real little. Now I'm going to cry -- I better go watch Ellen.

Elaine said...

Very sweet. Tomorrow you should tell everybody how Harrison pronounces the word frog (or maybe how he used to pronounce it. Maybe it has changed.)

melanie said...

Jonah used to always say 'guh' instead of 'girl'. We made sure to never correct him. One day, we were riding in the car and he just said, 'girrrl'. I about crashed.
He said, "Did you hear that?? I just said GIRL!!'
And I am not proud to say that I told him that he was now saying it incorrectly and it was actually supposed to be pronounced 'guh'...

Post a Comment